A REALTOR® is a real estate licensee that is member of the National Association of REALTORS® and adheres to the NAR Code of Ethics. REALTORS® are called to a higher standard of practice and are committed to treating all parties in a transaction with fair and honest service.
A real estate transaction is one of the largest financial investments a person usually experiences in their lifetime. A normal real estate transaction averages over $100,000. Would you handle a $100,000 tax problem without the advice of a CPA? Would you consider managing a $100,000 legal issue without the help of an attorney? Considering the small cost of a REALTOR®, and the large risk of handling a transaction on your own, it seems to be wise to seek the professional advice of a REALTOR®.
If you still aren’t convinced, here is a list of a dozen reasons that the National Association of REALTORS® says about using a REALTOR®:
1. Your REALTOR® can help you determine your buying power.
2. Your REALTOR® has many resources to assist in your home search.
3. Your REALTOR® can help you in the selection process by providing objective information on each property.
4. Your REALTOR® can help you negotiate.
5. Your REALTOR® provides due diligence during the evaluation of the property.
6. Your REALTOR® can help you with different financing options and in identifying qualified lenders.
7. Your REALTOR® can guide you through the closing process and make sure everything flows smoothly.
8. When selling your home, your REALTOR(R) can help provide you up-to-date information on what is happening in the marketplace, and the price, financing, terms and condition of competing properties.
9. Your REALTOR® markets your property to other real estate agents and to the public.
10. Your REALTOR® will know when, where, and how to advertise your property.
11. Your REALTOR® can help you objectively evaluate every buyer’s proposal without compromising your marketing position.
12. Your REALTOR® can help close the sale of your home.
Most importantly, REALTORS® know that real estate is local! Our team has Realtors who know the Auburn and Opelika real estate market and is aware of properties that are listed and sold. We can help knowledgeably advise you in your buying and selling process for Lee County, without becoming bogged down with National reports.
Information provided from National Association of REALTORS®.